Friday 10 January 2014

Beauty Favourites of 2013! - Make Up! x


Hi there!

I felt I had to jump on the 2013 favourites band wagon! I don't do monthly favourites even though they're one of my favourite types of posts to read purely because I don't tend to mix things up very often. I usually have a routine and pretty much stick to it, so yearly favourites is much better suited to me!

I am going to do this as a series so the rest of the items on the main picture will be shown next week! For this for first edition it's just general make up!

Before I start apologies for the random grey carpet haha! As I'm sure most bloggers will also be suffering from the same problem of lighting now that it's winter and this was the best spot for lighting I could find, my house is so dark and no natural day light certainly doesn't help matters! Roll on summer!

Now that that's out the way let's get started! I'm going to go in order of when I apply them.

Favourite Primer

I absolutely love this primer. I have already bought 2 this year and this one is almost done and I will be repurchasing, it is the only primer I have ever purchased more than once except mac! but this one is much more afforable!


Favourite High End Foundation

I saw Tanya Burr use this in a tutorial and knew as soon as she put it on that I had to have it! It's a really beautiful foundation, however I do hate that it doesn't have a pump! I'm on the list in Frasers for when they get the pumps in but it's been a few months and it's still not in stock.


Favourite Low End Foundation

Another recommendation from Tanya Burr! She had this in her Top 5 Drugstore Foundations and I liked the sound of it and immediately went out and bought it. This is my 3rd bottle of this foundation and I just love everything about it, I think the colour is beautiful and I always think it just looks flawless on the skin.


Favourite BB Cream

I bought this in July for T in the Park and completely fell in love with it! I was so surprised at the coverage. I love using this on days where I'm going somewhere I can't really be bothered doing my make up but don't want to not wear make up. It's so well loved I have even lost the lid haha. I really need to repurchase a new one of these!


Favourite Setting Powder

I just realised how much attention I must pay to Tanya Burr's recommendations as this was another one haha! I've recently started using a Bare Minerals Setting Powder and I think this one does exactly the same job. It's so cheap and I think it's so good for touching up like if I feel my make up starting to look a little patchy I pop some of this on and it just fixes it! Really can't go wrong with this I'm always recommending it to my friends.


Favourite Contouring Palette

As you can see from the picture the bronzer in this is very well loved! I bought this at the beginning of the year and I use it almost everyday I think it's such a great palette. The highlighter is really pigmented and pretty too and I love the blush too. Best £10 I've ever spent I think haha. (Sleek)


Favourite Blush

I love this little blush palette from Sleek I wore the coral shade almost every day in summer and then the red almost every day in winter! I like to mix the red with the middle blush for a little more colour and to add a gorgeous glow to my cheeks!


Favourite Highlighter

I wrote a review on this which I will link here. So I won't say too much about this but I think it's a really pretty highlight and I love that it has 2 shades and you can mix them too so 3 highlights in 1!


Favourite Summer Lipstick

I had a real obsession with coral this summer so my boyfriend bought me this gorgeous coral lipstick from Mac in Costa Chic and it is one of my favourite lipsticks, I wore it all the time in summer and I can't wait till this depressing weather goes away and the sunshine comes back out so I can start wearing this again!


Favourite Autumn/Winter Lipstick

Coral was my summer obsession, berry red is my winter obsession! I love this lipstick so much and get so many compliments when I wear it. You can see it on my lips on this post here.



Keep an eye out for the next edition next week!



No comments:

Post a Comment